Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Few Good Men

Recently, I received an email from a conference promoter. I'll quote it in part:

"From the creators of The Event Marketing Summit and The Event Design Summit comes the Second Annual EventTech Conference and Expo. Join hundreds of event designers for two days of education and training. Crowdsourcing, gamification, digital influencers and social media streaming—these are just some of the 'wired' strategies you’ll get a perspective on. Plus, new technologies and the best ways to 'plug' your live events into the future. Receive a total tech tune up for 2013."

Despite its length, the email provides only half the information a prospect needs to consider the offer.

The email states Who, What and Why. 

But it neglects to mention Where, When and How. 

Pretty important stuff.

I guess the promoter has never read Rudyard Kipling's poem about writing:

I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.
Powered by Blogger.