Thursday, November 12, 2020

Snowflakes


In arguing, what people lack in intellect they
usually make up for in name-calling.
— C. Vallo

Yesterday, I resorted to name-calling on social media, in violation of my own principles.

I labelled GSA Administrator Emily Murphy a "porker."

The point of my tirade against Murphy: because the Trump appointee refuses to affirm Joe Biden won the election, she threatens the progress of the president-elect's work on the pandemic.

"Nearly 1,500 Americans will die each day," I wrote. "That's a World Trade Center Collapse every 48 hours. She's a home-grown, overweight terrorist. Like the boss."

I admit, I called her a name. I didn't solve anything. But my ill manners stemmed from a frustration I share with 77 million other Americans.

My post "triggered" two conservative male colleagues, who said I should be ashamed of my "vicious name-calling."

In deference to them, I replaced the hurtful word "porker" with the more affectionate "blimpie pie."

It's undeniable: name-calling is wrong; fat-shaming is cruel. 

But it's worth noting that snowflakes can't take the heat; and that conservative ones, in particular, cannot tolerate the name-calling of women. (Unless their last names are Clinton, Harris, Pelosi, Omar, Ocasio-Cortez or Gaga.)

I applaud the snowflakes' chivalry. 

And I offer them a deal: I'll never call another woman an offensive name, if you grant every woman her right to a safe and sanitary abortion.

Do we have a deal?
Powered by Blogger.