Saturday, October 9, 2010

Maybe I'm Amazed

Today John Lennon would have been 70. 

Fans can only imagine what he'd have to say about life, love and the state of our world today.  Or how marvelous his musical output might have been during the three decades that have passed since his murder.

This week, serendipitously, I rediscovered a 40 year-old solo album Paul McCartney made entitled, simply enough, McCartney.  It contains Sir Paul's all-time favorite composition, "Maybe I'm Amazed," plus a dozen other songs he penned, all quite wonderful.

Listening to the album and remembering just some of the nearly 200 songs McCartney wrote and performed with Lennon, as well as all the fabulous music each Beatle produced after the band's 1969 breakup, leaves me in awe of their talent.

If only I had a shred of it, I'd be a happy camper.
Powered by Blogger.