Thursday, June 8, 2017

Writers are All Vampires


Writers are all vampires.
― Herman Wouk

Writer Trisha Richards asked me where I find ideas for blog posts. 

Novelist Herman Wouk provides the answer.

When it comes to sources for ideas, I'm indiscriminate; an equal opportunity vampire.

More or less in rank order, I derive ideas from:
  • Nonfiction books
  • Bloggers
  • Everyday conversations
  • Everyday experiences
  • $#*! my spouse says
  • Print articles
  • White papers
  • Fiction
  • Movies
  • News programs
  • Fantasies
  • Memories
  • Dreams
  • Songs
  • B2B events
  • People and things not otherwise listed
Whenever an idea for a blog post comes to mind, I always write it down.

Immediately.

Sometimes I grab a napkin or a piece of trash; most often I send an email to myself.

Writer Neil Gaiman says there's no lack of ideas; only of attention to them.

"You get ideas from daydreaming. You get ideas from being bored. You get ideas all the time. The only difference between writers and other people is we notice when we're doing it."
Powered by Blogger.